Sunday, November 10, 2013

String Fest

This is the first year my dear daughter is taking the Viola.  She took it as an elective in 6th grade, joining the Orchestra.  Tuesday was the 40th Annual Festival of Strings, where beginner string players in the AISD middle schools.  It was so exciting to see her involved in such a fun event.  There were over 1200 students on Violins, Violas, Cellos, Basses and 1 Harp.  Zilker Park Hillside, an outdoor venue, was the original plan for the festival but due to all our rain lately it had to be moved to a local high school gym.  Very crowded but the students were real troopers.  The t-shirts for the participants were bright tie-dyed.  


This is the digital page that I finished (12X12) using this month's template by Ann Martin on The Lilypad.  My photos are of my DD and I even make an appearance in one. (-:


No comments:

Post a Comment